We are pleased to announce that our Mill Creek dental office will be reopened as of May 19th, 2020. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and our team is looking forward to returning to providing patient care. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Administration (WISHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Just as we have invested in the highest quality of the equipment that allows us to eliminate multiple appointments, we have also invested in the latest evidence-based recommendations to prevent the aerosol generation and keep our air quality safe and pathogen-free.
Prior to the COVID-19 crisis, we were already practicing stringent infection control techniques but we would like to share what we are doing in addition to that to keep you and our team safe in our new world.
Our dentists will ask some screening questions. We will ask if you have any flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or other flu-like symptoms. We will ask if you have been exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID in the last three weeks. We will also confirm that anyone in higher-risk categories does not wish to reschedule.
- You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will be introducing a virtual waiting room. Simply text us from the parking lot instead of coming directly into the office. This will allow you to stay in your car until you receive a text to come into the office. You will be greeted by a team member, asked to use hand sanitizer, have your temperature checked and then escorted directly to your patient room.
- Don’t be alarmed when you notice that we will be wearing face shields in addition to our normal protective gear.
- We will continue to use high evacuation devices, such as Isolite, to minimize the aerosols generated. This is important for our safety as well as yours. You may notice other devices such as extra oral suctions, too, that may be used.
- In order to facilitate social distancing, we may have fewer appointment times available.
- We will be implementing more text to pay options for copays and rescheduling in the treatment room to minimize patient congregation at check out.
- We will be taking temperatures and screening all team members prior to work each day.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions that you have about the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe in our practice. To make an appointment please call Mill Creek Dental Health Care at 425-745-2703.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and can't wait to see you!
Drs Natasha Habib, Linda Cirtaut, and the Mill Creek Dental Health Care Team