Why Dental Implants Are the Best Tooth Replacement Option
People who have gaps in their teeth can feel self-conscious about smiling, worried about their health, and uncomfortable with talking. If not corrected, empty space between teeth can also cause jawbone deterioration and misaligned teeth.
Dental implants provide a strong foundation for natural-looking artificial teeth, giving you the freedom to laugh with confidence, speak more clearly, and care for your teeth without worry. Keep reading if you’re considering dental implants in Mill Creek, WA.
What Are Dental Implants?
Similar to your natural teeth roots, dental implants provide a strong base for restored teeth. Dental implants preserve your natural bone by bonding to your jawbone in a process called osseointegration. Once the jawbone heals, a crown is placed over the implant that matches your other teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Three million people in the United States have dental implants, and that number is growing. Here's a look at why dentists use this common method for replacing damaged or missing teeth:
- Dental implants are a long-term solution to gaps in your teeth, and if properly cared for, can last a lifetime. The success rate of implants is generally up to 98%.
- Since dental implants help you keep your natural face shape and smile, you'll feel more confident about your appearance and social situations.
- Dental implants help protect against bone loss in your jaw by stimulating bone growth.
- Dental implants will not move or slip, giving you peace of mind about eating and chewing.
- Dental implants require the same care as your natural teeth, such as brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups. If you decide to take the leap with dental implants in Mill Creek, WA, you will be pleasantly surprised by how natural they feel and look.
Find Out More
Call today to schedule a consultation with one of our Mill Creek dentists. We’ll help you determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants. Should you not be a good candidate, we’ll work with you to find a suitable tooth replacement treatment.